Listen up, lymphies! Whether you’re looking for something to listen to during your lunch break, or want an educational soundtrack to your compression pump session, these podcasts are sure to elevate your lymphatic knowledge and even inspire you.
So — turn on, tune in, and lymph out with these fourteen engaging podcasts and video series about lymphedema and lipedema.
Jump to a Section
Podcasts about Lymphedema | Podcasts about Lipedema | Video Series | Episodes about Lymphedema and Lipedema | Episodes about Lymphedema Treatment and Management | Interviews with the Community | Episodes about Cancer-Related Lymphedema | Episodes about Lipedema
Podcasts about Lymphedema
The Lymphedema Mavens
Debuting in 2011, the Lymphedema Mavens are the OGs of lymphedema podcasting. Hosted by Christine Wunderlin and Cynthia “MsCjay” Judge, the show focuses on lymphedema and breast cancer recovery through conversational episodes covering topics like advocacy, healing, nutrition, and positive thinking. As their show description says, “the Mavens are on it!!”
They haven’t uploaded any new episodes in a few years, but their back catalogue of over sixty episodes are still available for streaming on SoundCloud. You can also follow the Mavens on Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram, and MsCjay on Instagram and Twitter.
Listen to one of their most popular episodes, “The 5 Components of Complete Decongestive Therapy for Lymphedema,” here:
Hosted by certified lymphedema therapist Betty Westbrook, Lymphedema Podcast is an educational series on all things lymphedema and its treatment. The show also shines a light on the lymphedema community by featuring interviews with patients, advocates, and medical professionals.
Westbrook’s friendly Southern drawl and her ability to explain complex topics in a clear, easy-to-understand way makes the podcast accessible to everyone from patients to therapists alike. It’s a great resource, too, for the newly diagnosed or family and friends seeking to understand more about their loved one’s condition.
You can stream Lymphedema Podcast episodes directly from the podcast’s website, or on platforms like Spotify, Apple Podcasts, and TuneIn. You can also follow the podcast on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
Oxford Lymphoedema Practice
The microsurgeons at Oxford Lymphoedema Practice in Oxford, England, have recorded several episodes discussing topics ranging from lymphedema surgery, daily life with lymphedema, and the psychology of lymphedema itself. The episodes range from five to twenty-five minutes, making their renowned expertise available in bite-size segments.
Lymph Logic is a podcast hosted by certified lymphedema therapists Anita Blake and Dr. Mary Al-Saleh. The therapists also run a clinic in Phoenix, Arizona.
The podcast is a culmination of Blake and Al-Saleh’s personal and professional experiences with lymphedema, and is driven by their desire to empower patients through compassion and knowledge. Their episodes often feature guests from the lymphedema community, too, so you really get to hear a broad spectrum of experiences.
You can listen to episodes of Lymph Logic on their website, and through streaming platforms like Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Stitcher, and TuneIn. You can also find Lymph Logic on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Juzo Care Podcast
The Juzo Care Podcast by Juzo UK aptly describes itself as for “both the healthcare professional and the interested patient.” The show focuses on information about compression, edema management, and leg and skin care, usually in the form of interviews with members of the lymphedema community and the compression world. With episodes clocking in at under thirty minutes each, they’re the perfect length to listen to during your lunch break or a walk around the neighborhood.
Podcasts about Lipedema
Created by lipedema patient Catherine Seo in 2013, Lipedema Simplified is a robust resource for the lipedema community as well as for those who wish to learn more about “the disease they call fat.” Lipedema Simplified has expanded into a variety of educational projects, including the Lipedema Project, “The Disease They Call Fat” documentary, and the Living Well with Lipedema flash briefings.
The flash briefings are mini-podcasts that offer news, updates, research tidbits, and overall self-care tips and tools to manage lipedema. They’re designed to work with an Amazon Alexa Echo or Dot device, but you can also listen to Lipedema Simplified’s briefings on their website, Apple Podcasts, and Spotify.
Listen to one of their flash briefings here:
Hosted by Lori Pellnitz, a woman living with lipo-lymphedema, Spotlight Lipedema aims to shine a light on lipedema and the people living with it. In addition to conversations with members of the lipedema patient community, the show also hosts lipedema and lymphedema experts to discuss current management techniques and ongoing research.
Pellnitz often provides detailed notes for each episode, accessible on the show’s website. These notes are a great resource in themselves, offering links and references that expand on topics discussed on the episode.
To get a sense of the show, check out this interview with occupational therapist and lipedema researcher Dr. Leslyn Keith on lipedema, lymphatics, and eating ketogenically:
Der Lipödem Podcast (German)
Wenn Sie Deutsch sprechen können und Interesse an Lipödemen haben, ist dieser Podcast genau das Richtige für Sie! Der Lipödem Podcast is a German podcast hosted by lipedema blogger Caroline Sprott and Ayurveda nutritionist Natalie Stark; both women have lipedema.
In addition to lipedema and lymphedema, Der Lipödem Podcast covers topics like fashion, mental health, nutrition, lifestyle, and self-care as it relates to life with these diseases.
You can stream Der Lipödem Podcast on the podcast’s website, or on platforms such as Apple Podcasts and Spotify. You can also follow the podcast on Instagram and Facebook. Even if you can’t speak German, you can use Google Translate to read their blog posts. (If your browser doesn’t automatically offer a translation, visit translate.google.com and paste the URL in the text box; click on the generated URL to view the translated page.)
Here’s one of their episodes titled “Lipödem: Zeigen oder verstecken?” (“Lipedema: Show or hide?”):
Lipedema Toolbox is a podcast run by a woman with lipedema named Jane, who takes a holistic approach to managing her lipedema. In her bright, friendly tone, Jane covers a variety of topics relating to lipedema and its management, often framed within the context of her own experiences. She also discusses lipedema research and its implications for diagnosis and treatment.
You can listen to Lipedema Toolbox on Anchor.fm, Spotify, Google Podcasts, Breaker, Overcast, Pocket Casts, and Radio Public. You can also follow Lipedema Toolbox on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook. To get a sample of the podcast, check out this episode on dating with lipedema:
Video Series about Lymphedema and Lipedema
Conversationly: Thriving with Lymphedema
Created by Bisa Dobson, RMT, CDT, and breast cancer / lymphedema thriver Deborah Peniuk, Conversationly: Thriving with Lymphedema is an Instagram-based video series featuring conversations with lymphedema patients (whom they call “thrivers”) and supporters.
Conversationly is a positive platform that focuses on uplifting and empowering the community. Scrolling through their Instagram feed, you can’t help but smile: their encouraging posts and cheerful, conversational captions make you feel like you’re catching up with a couple friends.
You may even see some of your lymphie friends on their feed, too: each week they feature a #ThursdayThriver, “aka a #LymphedemaCommunity member doing their best to #livetheirbestlife,” and monthly, they celebrate #SupporterSunday to recognize advocates and healthcare professionals.
You can watch Conversationly’s episodes on their IGTV channel; you can also follow them on Facebook. To get an idea of what Conversationly is all about, check out part one of their interview with Kasey Rubin, mom of little lymphie Cora:
The Lipedema Channel
The Lipedema Channel on YouTube is a space for women with lipedema to share their stories and testimonies of resilience. The tagline that displays before some of the videos reads “Inspiring stories from amazing women,” and that is exactly what you get: through these moving and vulnerable interviews, viewers get to hear the lipedema experience firsthand from the incredible women who live with this disease.
Kathleen Lisson is a certified lymphedema therapist and author who is not only incredibly knowledgeable in her field, but active in the lymphedema social media community, which makes her an accessible and reliable resource. One of the platforms on which Lisson shares her expertise is Youtube, where she posts videos about lymphatic massage, lipedema, plastic surgery recovery, and more.
You can find Lisson across social media, from Facebook and Instagram to Twitter and TikTok. She also had a podcast about managing post-surgery swelling and lymphedema; you can listen to the back catalogue of episodes on Anchor or Spotify.
Watch one of Lisson’s informative YouTube videos here:
LE&RN Virtual Symposiums
The Lymphatic Education & Research Network (LE&RN) is a nonprofit organization that focuses on the prevention, treatment, and cure of lymphatic diseases and lymphedema through education, research, and advocacy. One of the ways they do this is through an excellent series of virtual symposiums available on their YouTube channel; topics range from treatment modalities, research highlights, physiology, surgical treatments, and more.
Most of these presentations are geared towards a professional medical audience and therefore a bit jargon-heavy, however there’s a ton of value for patients and their care partners, too. More than anything, it’s exciting to see all the work being done in the world of lymphedema and lymphatic research.
Check out this webinar on recent progress in lymphatic research, presented by Dr. Stanley Rockson:
Launched in 2015 as a small Facebook group and a blog, Lymphie Strong has grown to include three Facebook support groups and numerous awareness initiatives, bringing together thousands of lymphedema patients and advocates from across the globe. Founder Veronica Seneriz — a lymphedema patient and advocate herself — has a natural gift for connecting with people, and her strength and optimism have become a source of inspiration for many within the community.
In the Lymphie Strong Facebook groups, Seneriz sometimes hosts guest speakers to educate members on various topics relating to lymphedema and its management; many of these webinars are publicly available on the Lymphie Strong YouTube channel.
In addition to YouTube, you can follow Lymphie Strong on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Below, check out Lisa Bergman Sylvestri, MSPT, CLT-LANA, discussing diaphragmatic breathing for lymphedema, in a demonstration hosted by Lymphie Strong:
Podcast Episodes about Lymphedema and Lipedema
The topics of lymphedema and lipedema have been covered on other podcasts, too. Check out some of these podcast episodes featuring research news, treatment techniques, interviews with medical professionals and patients — and more.
Lymphedema and Lipedema Information and Research
- The International Journal of Gynecological Cancer: “Lower Extremity Lymphedema in Gynecologic Oncology with Mario Leitao” (2020)
- PRS Journal Club: “February 2020: Pediatric Hemifacial Atrophy Treatment; Lower Extremity Lymphedema Staging; 2-Year Costs after Breast Reconstruction” (2020)
- CU Anschutz 360: “Research could lead to new therapeutic options for lymphedema patients” (2020)
- RxRounds: “Lymphedema: The Swelling Explained” (2020)
- Two Old Choughs – A Tale of Two Hospices: “Love your Lymph!” (2020)
- VEIN Magazine with Dr. Steve Elias: “Talking about Lymphedema and Phlebolymphedema” (2019)
- Talking Health with Dr. Sally Cockburn: “Lymphedema” (2018)
- Today’s Wound Clinic: “Lesson on Lymphedema” (2017)
- Association of Academic Physiatrists: “Aqua Lymphatic Therapy- Arm Disab., Q. of Life, Pain in Women w/ Chronic Breast Cancer Lymphedema” (2016)
- JAMA Dermatology Author Interviews: “Advanced Pneumatic Compression Device for Patients With Lymphedema” (2015)
Lymphedema Treatment and Management
- The Onco PT: “Radical Changes in Lymphedema Management: COVID Edition” (2020)
- The Onco PT: “Summertime Lymphedema Management with Josh Levin of LympheDIVAs” (2020)
- The Onco PT: “The Essentials of an OncoPT Lymphedema Clinic” (2020)
- The Onco PT: “POWER Lymphatics 2020 Recap” (2020)
- The Onco PT: “LANA Studying Debrief with Priscilla Santiago-Maldonado” (2020)
- The Secret Scope: “Kathleen Lisson a Certified Lymphedema Therapist discussing the Lymphatic System, Lymphedema, Dry brushing, Tips & hacks on Post Plastic Surgery Recovery” (2020)
- Caregivers Therapeutic Support: “OT and Lymphedema basics for in home treatment” (2020)
- The [P]Rehab Audio Experience: “Living Well With Lymphedema With [P]Rehab” (2020)
- Keto Woman Podcast: “Leslyn Keith – Why It’s So Important To Keep Your Lymphatic System Healthy” (2020)
- Feel Better, Move Better, Live Better: “Lymphedema Overview & Management (Featuring Meredith Robbins, Holly Robinson, & Hannah Conway)” (2019)
- The Onco PT: “Are you forgetting these 4 lymphedema education topics with your patients?” (2019)
- MSLC Doc Talk: “Lymphedema Therapy” (2018)
- Seniors Flourish: “Top Tips in Edema and Lymphedema for Occupational Therapy Practitioners” (2017)
Interviews with Lymphedema Patients and Medical Professionals
- Everything & Anything: “Catharine Bowman – How a 14 year old girl discovered a potential pharmaceutical agent for Lymphedema” (2020)
- Normal Adjustments: “Adjusting to Lymphedema with Eve Nichol” (2020)
- Normal Adjustments: “Ajustándose al Linfedema con Franchesca Fiorito” (2020)
- Normal Adjustments: “Normalizing Adjustments with Nicole Faccio” (2020)
- Rider’s Edge Podcast: “Chatting about Lymphedema with Andrea Leifer PT, DPT, CLT” (2020)
- The Obesity Revolution Podcast: “World renowned lymphedema doctor Dr. Granzow” (2020)
- Chewing the Fat with Jack Price: “Living with Lipoedema“
- Solo 2.0: “From Crash Dieter to Body Acceptance Activist; Carmen Rene Talks: Loving Our Bodies at Any Size, Living with Lymphedema & her “Eat the Cake Too” Movement!” (2019)
- Mind, Body and Soul with Sagar Vyas: “Living with Lymphoedema – In conversation with Indi” (2019)
- Women to Watch Media with Sue Rocco: “Kimberly Koshineg, Advanced Lymphedema Therapy Services” (2019)
- Cliterally Speaking the Podcast: “‘The Beauty Queen with the Big Leg’; Guest: Amy Rivera” (2019)
- The Onco PT: “Lymphedema Learning with Betty Westbrook, PTA, CLT” (2019)
- The Onco PT: “Camp Watchme – Betty Westbrook, PTA, CLT” (2019)
- The Rant With Herman James & Friends: “Lymphedema With Betty Westbrook” (2019)
- The Obesity Revolution Podcast: “Lymphedema with Melvin Osburn Part 1 | Part 2” (2019)
- 5 Star Living Show: “Spotlight featuring Cynthia ‘Ms CJay’ Judge” (2019)
- Radio Gorgeous: “Let’s Talk About Lymphoedema, Gemma Levine WELLBEING with Donna Freed” (2017)
- Breast Cancer Now: “Talking about lymphoedema” (2020)
- OT 4 Lyfe: “Navigating Life with Cancer-Related Lymphedema with Emilia Dewi” (2020)
- Skin is In with Holly Brown: “What is Lymphedema and how it affects a Cancer Patient” (2020)
- Breast Cancer Conversations: “The Boob Ambassador: Lymphedema, the ATM Gene & Humor” (2019)
- Breast Cancer Now: “Living with lymphoedema” (2019)
- Frankly Speaking About Cancer: “Shedding Light on Lymphedema” (2019)
- Cancer.Net: “Leg Swelling After Cancer Treatment, with Andrea Cheville, MD, and Jennifer Bradt, PT, DPT, CLT-LANA” (2019)
- Health Professional Radio: “Bioimpedance Spectroscopy for Breast Cancer-Related Lymphedema” (2019)
- Komen Konversations: “Let’s Talk About Lymphedema + Breast Health” (2018)
- Breast Friends Cancer Support Radio Network: “Encore: Lymphedema – Cancer treatment’s dirty little secret” (2018)
- Breast Friends Cancer Support Radio Network: “Help for Lymphedema Patients following surgery” (2018)
- Cancer Newsline: “Treatment for lymphedema with Leslie Ballah-Massy” (2017)
- Five to Thrive Live: “Effective Treatment of Lymphedema” (2017)
- Breast Friends Cancer Support Radio Network: “Lymphedema – Cancer treatment’s dirty little secret” (2017)
- REACH – Research in Exercise And Cancer Health: “Nicole Stout, DPT: Lymphedema and a prospective surveillance model of cancer rehab” (2017)
- Breast Friends Cancer Support Radio Network: “Taming Lymphedema” (2016)
- Breast Friends Cancer Support Radio Network: “Help for Lymphedema and Post Breast Cancer Surgical Support” (2016)
- Cancer.Net: “Living with Lymphedema, with Judith Nudelman, MD” (2015)
- Cancer.Net: “After Breast Cancer: Preventing Lymphedema” (2011)
Lipedema Research, Treatment, and Management
- Cliterally Speaking the Podcast: “‘Lipedema: The Disease they Call Fat’; Guest: Dr. Catherine Seo” (2020)
- Keto Woman Podcast: “Catherine Seo – Lipedema Awareness” (2020)
- Keto Woman Podcast: “Megan Pfeffer – Keto for Lipedema” (2020)
- Keto Woman Podcast: “Sharon “Nobuhle” Williams – Overcoming Cancer and Living With Lipedema“
- Obesity Medicine Association: “Clinical Conversations: Treating Lipedema” (2019)
- Plus Mommy Podcast: “Why We Need To Be Talking About Lipedema Treatment” (2019)
- Heal Thy Skin Podcast: “Raising Awareness for Lipoedema with Dr Naveen Somia of Australasian Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons” (2019)
- Physionic: “Lipedema – a Female only Condition” (2019)
- Healing Out Loud with Jackie Shea: “Lipedema: The Diagnosis and the Treatments” (2018)
- Weight Loss Surgery Podcast: “Understanding Lipedema with Sarah Bramblette and Karen Herbst, MD, PhD” (2016)