March 6th is Awareness Day for us lymphies, a day to honor and celebrate all who are living and coping with the disease. It’s also a day to show the world that this is no longer a rare condition, and that we need proper treatment, coverage, and support.
How can you participate?
- Show your support by wearing turquoise or a butterfly, the official colors and symbol of lymphedema.
- Post on Facebook or Twitter about Lymphedema Awareness day to start a discussion about living with lymphedema and the care we need.
- Tell a fellow lymphie that you appreciate the courage they’ve shown in living with their disease.
- Write a letter to your insurance company to appeal denial of coverage.
- Write to your Senator to get a resolution passed that will make March 6th the official day of awareness.